**This contest is now closed. Thank you to all who entered!**
Entries are being accepted for the 1st Annual Haiku Contest. Students in grades 3-12 who attend school in the state of Hawaii are eligible.
Entries must contain an original haiku set within an original piece of artwork that depicts the poem and further exemplifies the contest theme: "Laulima: Bridging Hands Across Oceans."
All entries must be postmarked by Friday, November 16, 2012. LATE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Mail entries to:
61th CBF HAIKU CONTEST
P.O. BOX 1105
Aiea, Hawaii 96701
All entries must include the following:
- Completed application form with signatures of both student and parent/guardian.
- Original haiku and artwork – DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR NAME, TEACHER’S NAMES, OR SCHOOL NAME ANYWHERE ON OR WITHIN YOUR ENTRY.
- SASE (only if requesting the return of student's work)
Entries must be:
- the student’s original work
- legible, inclusive of lettering no smaller than 1/2”
- no larger than 9” x 12”
- securely paper clipped to the contest application
Awards will be given in three age categories: Grades 3-5, 6-8 & 9-12.
- First: $75 US Savings Bond
- Second: $50 US Savings Bond
- Third: $25 US Savings Bond
The three first place winners and their work will be recognized at the 61th Cherry Blossom Festival Opening Ceremony in January 2013 as well as have their winning entries published on the Cherry Blossom Festival website and in the festival Souvenir Book.
For more information, email Howard Chi at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.